Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creamy Pasta Goodness (Without the Guilt!)

Seafood Fettuccine (makes 8 servings)
* This is a lightened version of this traditionally heavy dish.
Ingredients:
1 ½ tbsp Butter
1 cup Green Onions, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 lb Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lb Sea Scallops
2 cups Half-and-Half
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
½ lb lump crabmeat
¾ cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
8 cups Cooked Fettuccine, hot (approximately 1 lb uncooked – homemade is preferable)
¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
Method:
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, sauté 1 minute. Pat the shrimp and scallops dry so as not to dilute the sauce and add them to the mixture, sauté 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add half-and-half, salt, pepper and crabmeat. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir constantly, ensuring the mixture does not come to a boil.
Gradually sprinkle ½ cup of the cheese over seafood mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute and remove from heat. Combine seafood mixture and pasta in a large oversized bowl. Note: The sauce may look thin but it is the perfect consistency to coat the pasta. Top each serving with parsley and remaining cheese as desired.
I also served a Caesar salad with homemade croutons
 -Jean

8 comments:

  1. I have made something like this. Now with the new ingredients, i bet every one would like to get a taste of it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tasted this dish and can vouch for its worthiness! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking delicious. I will try your recipe for sure. thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think The sauce may look thin but it is the perfect consistency to coat the pasta. thanx for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, creamy pasta is one of my fav dish, thanx for sharing, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never tried making a creamy pasta anything, but this was GREAT! I added some stir-fry sliced chicken sauteed in garlic and my husband wanted to know when I'd be making it again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just like the recipe title, this is creamy and garlicky... yum! I used chicken broth where there was an option and thought it tasted wonderful. This is quick, easy, and a great dish to make during the busy work week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was pretty good, but I did change afew things: One must was nutmeg - I probably added about 1-2 tsp. Another was 1/2 c. parmesan cheese. More salt and pepper than the recipe stated as well.

    ReplyDelete