Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Say Cheese!

If you are a foodie in Los Angeles, there is a good chance that you have heard of Andrew’s Cheese Shop. Andrew Steiner opened this Montana Ave. fromage mecca in August 2008, and with a slogan like, ‘This place stinks!’ how could you resist? Luckily for me, I happen to live less than two blocks away from Andrew’s and love cheese. It’s like a match made in heaven. Taking a stroll on a recent Saturday, I decided that I would like to stop in and purchase some cheesy goodness for consumption later in the evening. I had a bottle of 2006 Rosenthal Merlot I wanted to drink and was looking for something that would pair well with it. After blissfully sampling several cheeses, I was handed a thin slice of Leonora. Immediately after it hit my tongue, I knew this was the one. When you make a purchase at the shop, they conveniently include a cute little fact card, complete with the country of origin’s flag and a picture of the animal the milk came from. These are great to show your guests what a cheesehead you have become. The fact card for Leonora read as follows:

Named after the region of Leon, Span, this rustic goat’s milk cheese has a beautiful natural, rustic rind and a pure white interior. The Spanish goat cheeses like this one tend to be much grassier and earthy than most others. The aroma is of mushrooms and truffle and the taste is of grass and tart lemons.

Moral of the story, check out Andrew’s Cheese shop. It won’t stink.

http://andrewscheese.com/

-Katrina

1 comment:

  1. I love cheese very much, I would like to go to that cheese place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete